in compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This Privacy Notice explains how we use the data we collect on you through your communication with metaphrasis (via e-mail, mobile or landline, website, applications, events, online newsletters, social networks, physics presence or other services).
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The data we receive and how we use it depends on the way you communicate or use our Services.
TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal is data identifying you as a natural person, such as:
- name and surname
- address, telephone number, e-mail or/and other contact information
- the personal data contained in the documents you want to have translated
- social media username or profile
We collect personal data on our users in two ways:
- from the files/ documents you want to have translated
- in any way you communicate with metaphrasis.
PERSONAL DATA USE
We may use such data for the following purposes:
- to respond to your requests
- to provide the services or information you require
- to allow you subscribe to certain products or services or improve their operation
- to resolve and monitor any issues concerning a customer or/ and a product or service
- to manage the relationship between us and facilitate any necessary subsequent communication (e.g. by storing relevant information for a reasonable period of time)
- to enable you participate in our online communities, including social media and blogs
- to reach out to you by providing you with information that may be of interest to you
- Other ways in which you have given your consent
metaphrasis may also use your personal data to fulfill the following privacy interests:
- to conduct analyses for the purpose of research, development and improvement of programs, products, services and content
- to anonymize your information by removing any personally identifiable data (name, e-mail, etc.) so that it can be used for other purposes.
- to protect our rights or property
metaphrasis may also have legal grounds for the use of your personal data, as necessary to protect one’s health, safety or well-being and comply with any law or regulation, court order or other legal process. Where required by law, we shall ask for your final consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose.
Some types of personal data are sensitive. This is personal data that reveals or relates to your health, genetic or biometric data, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life and sexual orientation, political beliefs or participation in a trade union.
SENSITIVE AND PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
metaphrasis collects and processes your sensitive data only:
- in ways for which you have explicitly given your consent
- directly from you when you voluntarily provide us for a specific purpose (e.g. when you assign us the translation of specific documents, or contacting us for information on our products and services)
- subject to applicable laws, which include appropriate and specific measures to safeguard your fundamental rights and interests
- for raising, exercising or defending against a legal claim
INFORMATION AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
metaphrasis may wish to provide you with information or other material on our products or services that may be of interest to you, based on the information you have provided to us.
We shall ask for your final consent to the use of your personal data for purposes of such messages and subject to applicable laws.
If you decide at any time not to receive any information for commercial or promotional purposes about our products and services, please e-mail us using the contact details listed below indicating “OPT-OUT” in the subject of your email.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
metaphrasis shall not disclose your personal data to any third party except as described herein.
Please note that, subject to applicable laws, we may disclose your personal data if we consider we need to do so in order to comply with any law, regulation, court order, legal or state request. In the unlikely event that any or all of our business shall be acquired by a third party, your data may be passed on to the new owner as long as they are relevant to the business in question and if appropriate guarantees apply.
In addition, we may use and disclose your personal data to any third party, if required:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that metaphrasis refuses your request under rights of access, we shall provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handled your request, you can contact the competent Data Protection Authority at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
In case of any questions or comments regarding hereof, please contact us here.