Successful translation project management in eight steps:
- Pre-assignment: Translation project details discussed with client.
- Prep: Selection of key-players (translator, reviewer, DTP, term expert, etc).
- Alignment: Existing proprietary terminology databases are complemented to each field.
- Translation: Texts translated to the best of the translator’s knowledge.
- Proofreading & editing: Orthography, completeness, layout and accurate meaning are checked.
- Text integration & DTP: Finished translations converted to the layout of the source document.
- Delivery: Client receives translation only after each step above is completed.
- Feedback: Client provides feedback on the finished project.